Thin film Printing allows the direct deposition of patterned layers which means only one equipment to perform :
- Passivation layer deposition (Typically AlOx)
- Capping layer deposition (SiNx, SiOx, TiOx)
- Contact opening (already open in printed layers)
Based on Spatial Atomic Layer Deposition, the technology offers the following benefits :
- Atmospheric pressure process (no load-lock
- High throughput (up to 1 nm/s)
- Low temperature (< 300 °C)
- High material quality (no particle, no pinhole)
- Low maintenance (no coating on the machine
Thin film Printers are modular equipments processing one wafer per printing head. R&D equipments have one printing head while production equipments combine multiple printing heads.
Example of passivation & Capping layer
thin film Printing of strips
Al2O3 strips on silicon
2 - 3
Thin film Printing of silicon solar cell rear-passivation layers
Rear-passivated solar cells (PERC) is a widely adopted improvement for solar cells based on p-type solar wafers.
However this improvement is expensive to implement as it requires two to three additional equipments for passivation layer deposition, capping layer deposition and contact opening.
EnHelios NanoTech - SAS au capital de 45 000 € - 802 611 541 RCS Coutances - Contact : email@example.com - Tel : +33 (0)6 07 35 35 42
170 rue Lysette Darsonval - 50000 - Saint Lô & 6 impasse Jean Besson - 78 114 - Magny les Hameaux - France